Chiropractic Solutions Newsletter – February 2018
From the Doctor
As a chiropractor, I am passionate about the health of kids. The reason children are perfect candidates to benefit from chiropractic care is because they are young and less damaged. Harvard studies project this generation is the first to have less life expectancy than their parents, the first in our history.
Chronic disease and neurological disorders have been challenging our children, our family, and our budget, and it is time for families to decide to make better health choices. An enormous 27 percent of children suffer from some chronic health condition according to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control).
Anxiety, ADHD, ADD, obesity, and depression are scary conditions, and our attempts to fix these conditions through medications many times leaves people even more isolated and frustrated. Attempting to eradicate these conditions without working with the person to help modify their behaviors and actions will leave the person with the same condition or worse.
The good news is that times are changing. The pendulum is swinging toward creating a healthy environment for children and families, where they are taught to eat, think, and move in a balance. A family that lives with healthy choices is a healthier family physically, mentally, and emotionally.
We live during exciting times because those living the healthy lifestyle, look, move, and feel great. Every generation that has used chiropractic care is better able to handle the challenges of their generation, physically, mentally, and emotionally. The proof is there for us to see and feel.
Our children are our future. We need to equip them with the tools and habits that will allow them to be great parents, healthy humans, great Americans, and lovers for life. Regular chiropractic care contributes to maximum health. Kids that grow up with chiropractic care become adults that know the benefits of seeing a chiropractor.
Get adjusted, get your kids adjusted, and live to your potential!
With natural orange flavoring, this amazing supplement helps support bone and teeth health, as well as a healthy immune system. It also supports the body’s natural inflammatory response function as it relates to strenuous activity. Tuna Omega-3 Chewables provide support for cognition and emotional balance through DHA, which is important for proper eye and brain development for children.
Smart Silver is a great natural solution for cold/flu season and nasty bacteria. It can be used externally on the skin to treat cuts, ear infections, and eye infections or internally (~1 tsp) for natural immune support.
Win an Amazon Echo/Alexa!
Earn entries all of February and March in our March drawing for an Amazon Echo by doing the following:
- Check-in on Facebook at Madison Chiropractic Solutions – 1 entry
- Online Review – 2 entries
- New Referral – 10 entries
Chiropractic Solutions Will be Closed:
Wednesday, February 28 – Sunday, March 4
Please plan accordingly.
- 2 tablespoons oil of your choice
- 1 ½ C chopped onion
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly slice
- 1 pound vitamin-D enhanced mushrooms, sliced
- 10 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 8 C unsalted chicken stock
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (15 oz) can unsalted chickpeas, drained
- 2 pounds skinless, bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces curly kale, stems removed and leaves torn
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium. Add onion, celery, and carrots; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Stir in stock, thyme, bay leaves, and chickpeas; bring to a simmer. Add chicken, salt, and red pepper; cover and simmer until chicken is done, about 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from Dutch oven; cool slightly. Shred meat with 2 forks; discard bones. Stir chicken and kale into soup; cover and simmer until kale is just tender, about 5 minutes. Discard thyme sprigs and bay leaves.