Chiropractic Solutions Newsletter – September 2019
New Normal – Healthy Routines
The new normal. School’s back in session, and summer is coming to an end. Our normal is changing.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes. (Marcel Proust)
What an amazing summer of laughs, sun, and quality time with family and friends. Feelings of gratitude to all of you wonderful people for your patience with us during our move to Middleton, WI. As I have done in Madison, I will now be doing in Middleton, working hard to bring you the best chiropractic care in the world. We establish the root cause, and use a whole body approach to wellness.
What better goals to reach for than being at your best physically, mentally, and emotionally. What if that was your new normal?
Now that school’s back in session and fall is approaching, daily life brings about new days. We encourage you to incorporate some healthy new habits as part of your new normal. Maybe that’s chiropractic care, clean fresh water, or more fruits and vegetables.
There is no more noble quest than to improve your health and the health of your family. As you may know, or will soon discover, health is the real wealth. To experience the world through a healthy, happy, flexible, supple spine and body is so much more fun than putting up with aches and pains and praying things get better.
To those on the journey, cheers! A hearty dose of thank you’s for taking the time and resources to make your lives and health better through changing your lifestyle and being open to the wonderful healing power that is innate intelligence living in all of us. To those not yet on the journey, check out our new patient page to learn more about Middleton Chiropractic Solutions and discover what chiropractic care does for you.
As we roll into Autumn with new eyes, enjoy the sights and smells and know you are appreciated and loved.
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. (Marcel Proust)
Lifestyle Hack Listening
This month’s lifestyle hack is helping people improve relationships in all aspects of their life with better listening.
Chiropractic Solutions has Moved to Middleton!
Chiropractic Solutions has moved to the Middleton Hills neighborhood, and all future appointments will be at our new clinic location. The clinic is located at the intersection of Frank Lloyd Wright Avenue and Glacier Ridge Road, directly behind the Pick N’ Save on Century Avenue. Our new address is 6737 Frank Lloyd Wright Avenue, Middleton, WI 53562.
A few changes to note:
–The clinic now opens at 8am.
–While our old phone number will continue to work thanks to call forwarding, our phone number has changed with the move to (608)203-6499. Please update your contact information, as we are transitioning to that new number.
We look forward to seeing you in our new space!
Chiropractic Solutions Open House
We invite you all to stop in at our Open House on Friday, September 20th from 4-6pm for raffle prizes, a Gift of Health pass (Initial Consultation, Exam, and X-rays, if needed. $225 Value), and refreshments.
Chiropractic Solutions Will be Closed:
Friday, September 27th – Sunday, October 6th
Please plan accordingly.
Roasted eggplant and tomatoes
- 1 medium purple eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil, or oil of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- ½ pound orzo of your choice
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with one rack in the middle of the oven and the other rack in the upper third of the oven. Line 1 large, rimmed baking sheet and 1 small, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- On the large baking sheet, toss the cubed eggplant with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer. Roast on the middle rack until the eggplant is tender and deeply golden on the edges, about 25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Meanwhile, on the smaller baking sheet, toss the halved tomatoes with 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Place the pan of tomatoes on the top rack when you return the eggplant to the oven after tossing halfway. Roast until the tomatoes are tender and a little wrinkled, about 12 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the orzo, give it a stir and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup cooking water, then drain the orzo and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle it over the warm orzo and toss to coat. Add the roasted eggplant, tomatoes, feta, basil, parsley, and pine nuts. Toss to combine. If the pasta seems dry, add a couple of tablespoons of the reserved pasta cooking water and/or a little more olive oil. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.