Chiropractic Solutions Newsletter
From the Doctor
Eating the right foods will decrease bloating, reduce toxicity and cravings, improve energy, and create better moods. Vegetables which are roasted, pureed, raw, steamed, or whatever way you can get them in your meals are a powerful way to lose weight. Soups, stir-fry, stews, salads, smoothies, curries, and roasts will give you options for what your palate is craving to enjoy working on that six pack.
The 10 best foods for weight loss:
Broccoli, beans, sweet potatoes, salmon, eggs (free-range), almonds, avocados, spinach, brown rice, and apples.
The secrets to six packs are made in the kitchen:
Eat more fat.
Get enough sleep.
Reduce the amount of grains and sugars.
Drink more water.
Make a loving commitment to yourself that you will change the way you cook, eat, and think about food, so you can get that six pack and improve your life.
Research shows that omega–3 fatty acids, such as Cod Liver Oil, reduce inflammation and may help lower the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and arthritis. Omega–3 fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain and appear to be important for cognitive (brain memory and performance) and behavioral function.
VA Choice Program
Chiropractic Solutions is now an approved provider through the VA Choice Program! If you are veteran or know a veteran that could benefit from chiropractic care, ask the VA for a referral to see Dr. Matt at Madison Chiropractic Solutions. We are proud to serve our veterans!
- 2 to 3 pounds root or dense vegetable, peeled if you like and cut into 1-inch chunks or wedges (carrots, beets, potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips, radishes, rutabaga, winter squashes)
- Oil (olive, coconut or grapeseed)
- Salt and pepper
- Fried eggs and/or plain yogurt
- Fresh herbs, torn or chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss vegetables with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast, 30 minutes to an hour, stirring at least once or twice during roasting for even cooking and browning.
- Serve with fried eggs and/or yogurt, ground black pepper and plenty of torn herbs on top.