Chiropractic Solutions Newsletter – May 2018
Discover how to improve and strengthen your soft tissues
The answer is, yes, massage is good (if you like massage), and, yes, it will help loosen and improve tight joints, muscles, and soft tissues. Massage is a perfect complement to chiropractic adjustments because the muscles are connected to the bones. Alignment is critical for the massage to have any lasting effects.
With each new patient, we prescribe exercises at the clinic that are critical for a similar purpose. Because if the muscles are tight, they may continue to pull the bones out of position. The best solution is to use adjustments, massage, prescribed exercises, and a yoga class to keep our bodies moving, feeling, and looking the way we want now, and in 2 to 10+ years from now.
Often people carry stress and tension in their shoulders or neck–so how do we address and fix these problems? Are they fixable? When the neck is sore and stiff, is it a bone out of place or is it a strained or tight muscle causing us this pain? The answer is a bit of both, muscle and bone, along with posture, stress levels, and other lifestyle factors. To fix our neck and shoulder pain, it’s important to change our movement, specifically our movement patterns, so we can get relief and fix the cause of the problem.
Movement patterns or non-movement patterns are the reason for these chronic pain areas in the neck and shoulders. The aching, the stiffness, the head aches, and tension are enough to ruin your mood and productivity. Sitting for hours exacerbates these symptoms. Bending over to play with your kids exacerbates these pains. And we become sick of dealing with these pains. This is true of knee pain, hip pain, and lower back pain, too.
There is a solution! Get a massage, get adjusted, rock your exercises, and start a yoga or tai chi class. We can change our movement, we can change our life, and we can change the way we feel. The combined solutions will ultimately improve the pain, and with proper exercise, strengthen our soft tissues.
Ligplex I contains nutrients that provide acute ligament and muscle support. It supports the body’s normal connective tissue repair and synthesis processes, healthy joints and muscles, and bone growth and synthesis of cartilage. It also contains buckwheat, which supports the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response as it relates to periodic challenges like strenuous exercise.
Ligaplex II supports tissue and joints to maintain connective tissue health, especially for long-term support. It provides the foundation to feed the musculoskeletal system and facilitate freedom of movement. Ligaplex II contains nutritional compounds for support of proper formation and maintenance of skeletal tissues. It also supports healthy fluid levels in the tissues surrounding joints.
Win a 60-minute Massage!
Earn entries in our May drawing for a 60-minute massage, with Will Hayes of Isthmus Wellness and Spirit Seed Wellness, by doing the following:
- Check-in on Facebook at Madison Chiropractic Solutions – 5 entries
- New Referral – 10 entries
Chiropractic Solutions Will be Closed:
Monday, May 28 – Memorial Day
Please plan accordingly.
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- 2 onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 tbsp cream cheese/sour cream
- 1 lime (for garnish)
For the Pico de Gallo de Mango:
- 1 mid sized avocado
- ½ mango
- 1 small onion
- 3 tomatoes, mid-sized
- ½ lime, juiced
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Hot sauce of your choice
- Slice the onion into thin “half-rings”. Slice the bell pepper lengthwise, also thinly. Pour the oil into a pan and add the pepper and onion. Set to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now onto the Pico de Gallo: Peel the avocado then mash the flesh in a bowl. Finely dice the onion and cut the tomatoes and mango into small cubes. Off it goes to the bowl as well. Season with lime, salt and chopped cilantro.
- Add the black beans to the bell pepper and onion, stir and now season with cumin, salt and Add the garlic too. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the fire.
- Heat up the tortillas according to package instructions. To make tacos from tortillas, simply hang them over the wires in your oven for 4-5 mins on 360°F, then remove.
- Assembling time! Grab a tortilla, fill it with some onion bean mix, add Pico de Gallo on top. Finish it off with a dollop of cream cheese, lime juice, cilantro and a spicy sauce of your choice.