Chiropractic Solutions Newsletter – September 2018
Get Your Routine “Right”!
From the Doctor
Getting our morning routine “right” sets up the day and can relieve a ton of stress for you and your family. We are in the second week of school, which has brought some challenges and rewards to both parents and children. Getting kids out of the house can be a pain if there is no structure or consistency to your morning and add to your stress. My girls have to be dressed and have their hair brushed before they sit down to eat their breakfast, as they love to dilly-dally in the morning. This makes life more pleasant for us, and it is better for the girls since they know what to expect and can in turn reduce stress for everyone involved.
Getting our morning routine “right” for an adult is similar, as before you dive into your first cup of coffee or tea there are simple things to cross off your list.
- Give thanks for your life and blessings.
- Get on the ground and stretch your back, hips, shoulders, legs, and neck.
- Drink a big glass of fresh water.
- 20 push-ups from knees or from toes.
- Have a great day:) “We are usually as happy as we choose to be”
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
Thytrophin brings nutritional support to our thyroid gland. It stores and produces hormones that affect the function of virtually every organ in our bodies. Thyroid hormone (Triiodothyronine or T3) regulates our metabolic rate and is associated with changes in body weight and energy levels.
Drenamin supports the adrenal glands, which are part of our hormone system. Located at the top of each kidney, the adrenal glands produce hormones that help the body control blood sugar, burn protein and fat, react to stressors like a major illness or injury, and regulate blood pressure. Two of the most important adrenal hormones are cortisol and aldosterone. Drenamin encourages a healthy response to everyday environmental stresses and supports immune system response function.
Earn entries in our October drawing for 2 tickets to the Badgers vs Gophers football game by doing the following:
- Check-in on Facebook at Madison Chiropractic Solutions – 5 entries for every check-in
- Subscribe to the Matt Kingston YouTube channel – 5 entries
- Subscribe to the Madison Chiropractic Solutions YouTube channel – 5 entries
- New Referral – 10 entries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/3 cups dates, pitted
- ½ cup almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans (if desired)
- Grind the walnuts and dates in a food processor until finely ground. Add the nut butter and process until well mixed. Add the cocoa powder and pulse well to mix.
- Roll the brownie mixture in to small, bite-size balls. Roll the balls in crushed pecans, if desired. Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.